Adult Services at Saint Catherine Center
Adults with intellectual and/or other developmental disabilities can benefit greatly from a small, caring environment with a variety of activities and an appropriate peer group to stimulate social interaction and build social skills.
The Adult Day Program currently serves 22 adults and is a natural extension of Saint Catherine Academy, which was established in 1999. The program is approved by the Department of Development Services as an adult day service option, and is affiliated with the Diocese of Bridgeport.
Our goals are to:
- create the opportunity to participate in community life
- develop life skills competencies
- foster a safe, stimulating environment
- support the ability to make personal choices for the future
- develop and maintain relationships with family members and friends
- Technologically current
- Life Skills Apartment
- Gymnasium and work-out room
- Nurse onsite
- Recreational activities include swimming, bowling, music and art, cooking, and more
- Safe, suburban location
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Transportation to and from the Center available (in select locations)
Please contact us or call 203-540-5381 for more information.